Old 23 Dec 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1798273)   #64
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
I understand what you're saying, and it wouldn't be an easy thing to police, but if there was the threat of performance adjustments being made to negate any advantage, then hopefully people would respect that.

I appreciate that entering the murky world of performance balancing is not ideal, but then what is? I was just saying that it's a bit of a shame that the mazza isn't at lemans (in a suitably restricted form). It would be great to see a bigger battle in GT1.

I would have love to have seen a MC12 race at Le Mans as well, but the risk is you allow cars in the spirit of the Dauer Porsche 962 back in again. One race specials designed to flout the regs that other teams have worked so hard to complie with. This would deny the prospect of a class/overall win to teams that have supported a series and devalue there investment.

There should not be any need for performace balancing by sucess ballast, capping power etc. If you make a car that is within the regs, its up to the others to speed up, not the rule book to slow you down.

I hate this tampering that goes on more than anything else in modern car racing. It assumes that we are all idiots and that all racing cars are born equal. Success is hard won, and should be the result of hard driven, well designed cars, not given to you by virtue of escaping the notice of someone with the power to ballast you, or the result of some team whinging that your car is faster and robbing you of the power you spent $$$$£££ developing.