View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2007, 18:07 (Ref:2025892)   #94
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
Fair enough.
We will wait and see if you optimism bares fruit.
I hope that those that are so uplifted and buoyant with these changes have the character to recognize their errors when next season we have an almost identical repetition of this season (in relation to P1's).
I will certainly admit I'm wrong if a P1 petrol engined car wins one race under normal conditions next year.
Mute point really. We really wouldn't know if this adjustment is correct, until such time as a factory Petrol P1 joins in.

The only way for a privateer to win, would be if the rules were skewed against the Diesels, or some amount of luck. Being within historical deviations will be good enough. From 2000-05', the average difference in time (qualifying) between the factories and privateers has been 1.5%.

During the race and qualifying (this year), the difference was 3.0%... but if you include the test days times, the difference is already less than 1.0%.

We shouldn't expect privateers to be on the pace of factories, nor should we use it as a barometer of measurement. I would agree that they should be within a range of historical differences though.