View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2001, 09:17 (Ref:125777)   #22
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
whatever, the celebrity race is great, adds a lighter side to the grand prix weekend, and the racing isn't to bad either, if you like watching bad driving.
I agree, it is great for a laugh. It's clearly not to be taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally posted by philneast
(But I suppose there is a large element of jealously in that.)
The most honest thing written in this thread so far

Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
and their commentators even manage to coax people into causing accidents !!!!!!
I thought that was a classic. What an idiot At least she's a babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell
Would it be rude if I said "Serves them right!"?
Would it be rude if I said "turn your TV off if you don't like it?" Ray, it may come as a suprise, but there are many that like these races. If it did'nt rate well, they would'nt show it. (Hmm, that does'nt explain Neighbours )

Quote:
Originally posted by DMC
I find it highly unlikely that any of the competitors in those "celebrity" races have a CAMS licence let alone a road one.
Well actually, they do have CAMS licences - Scary is'nt it

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
As a result, he got bugger all coverage and the public have never again had the oppurtunity to take part. Can't show up the network stars now can we?
Actually David, they always have a member of the public at the Melbourne GP. It is a competition run though the Herald-Sun newspaper where 3 people win to do the training week and one is selected to race(it was a girl this year). I think this is how they keep anyone out that might win. It is interesting to note that at no time was that winner shown on TV. That sucks