View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4062902)   #211
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
It really depends on how Toyota/Lexus USA views the marketing value vs. cost of GTD vs. GTD-Pro vs. prototypes. They're about to roll out a new GT3 car. But if in 2023 GTD Pro becomes a ghost town and GTD-Am is completely overshadowed by the prototype category (which it will), Toyota/Lexus may see value in joining the big show and offloading the GT3 cars to GTD-Am customers. And at that point, rather than starting to design a Lexus LMDh, it'll probably make more sense to just run the GR010 with a US-based team. And I doubt Toyota would want to just slap Lexus badges on the GR010.

As for Toyota's actual WEC team cherrypicking big IMSA races, I wouldn't expect any rebranding at all, even livery-wise. They'll probably want to do it in 2023, when Toyota in its 3rd year should have a reliability/experience edge over the debuting LMDh cars and the Ferrari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ferrari I could see in some enduros after year 1
Didn't Ferrari say they debut the car at Daytona 2023?