View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4063935)   #215
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Oh and forgot to mention that I also have questions about the logic of IMSA not wanting teams to just come over and do the big events like Daytona and Sebring and ignore the rest of the championship. I understand the need of the series to try and get as many full season entries as possible, but for events like the aforementioned it seems like having six or eight top-level cars wanting to come over and do them would only be a win for the series. Especially when in the same interview he mentions how important it is for their teams to be able to go over and just do Le Mans.
IMSA, trying to have its cake and eat it? I have never heard of such a thing before!

To be fair, the business model make the most sense (money) with full season entrants, but I wouldn't be surprised if this attitude to entrants wasn't at least partly driven by a desire to try and make WC an equivalent series to WEC in the eyes of fans and factories.