View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4064007)   #217
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Oh and forgot to mention that I also have questions about the logic of IMSA not wanting teams to just come over and do the big events like Daytona and Sebring and ignore the rest of the championship. I understand the need of the series to try and get as many full season entries as possible, but for events like the aforementioned it seems like having six or eight top-level cars wanting to come over and do them would only be a win for the series. Especially when in the same interview he mentions how important it is for their teams to be able to go over and just do Le Mans.
I too get the why, but think it is the wrong approach.

We’ve always had this in Sportscar and I’m fine with it.

The way to approach this is to let the big events draw them in and make the lesser events just more attractive to enter. You did Daytona an Sebring, you know how it works, why not get people in you cars for these other events.

And if they don’t turn up fine. The local championship should be enough to encourage participants in each round.

I can also see why competitors might get a bit narked that they have less chance of winning the big ones, but it is also great to do well against all the big names in the big races surely. The peaks are higher, albeit less likely you will climb them.

And you have the rest of the championship to go at too.