View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2020, 08:41 (Ref:3971998)   #58
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't know why it's become so popular, considering just a few years ago it was only known though the N24 stuff. And the Gazoo name had nothing to do originally with Toyota's motorsports programs. I believe it started out as an interdepartmental mail system at TMC in Japan.

However, because it's gained so much traction, I can see Gazoo Racing branding being used for most Toyota Motorsport programs aside from TRD USA, and that's only because the Gazoo name is only familiar in North America for WRC and WEC fans. However, I think that the Supra GR is sold in North America (edit: it's a limited edition with a planned yearly production run of 1000 per model year starting with the 2021 MY in North America and spread across sub editions), so that may be the start of the push for that brand in NA.