View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2007, 10:46 (Ref:2072365)   #20
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton
What does the degree of difficulty of working on the cars have to do with the overall racing and entertainment?

Absolutely nothing.

Big deal the cars are tough to work on, that is a mechanics problem.
I agree. To the average fan, this is transparent: they do not know nor do they really care how long it takes to perform a maintenance on the cars. As long as the cars make it to the grid then for me, this is a non-issue.

Both Phillips and Miller complemented the field and in general and that was not misplaced for the most part. While Martinez did not embarrass himself, the whole musical chairs thing has to stop. Sure, in most any series you will have drivers drift in our out of the lower-tier teams but to have as much changeover as occurred this past season is too much.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.