View Single Post
Old 21 May 2020, 12:31 (Ref:3977514)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i'm finding getting my head around wearing a mask (or is it the other way around) to be something particularly weird for example, whereas in reality it's nothing, it's just like wearing socks.
I agree that, on the whole, humans have an inherent resistance to change.

I think the masks element is slightly different though. A lot of our cues when conversing with someone come from facial inflections that are hidden behind a mask. Interestingly, the subject of masks was discussed on TTT this week, and it was noted how the changes they make to vocal patterns can also cause confusion.

One only has to look at the way masks are used in media (film, comic etc.) to see how they impart a character on an individual. Or to put it another way, how they remove the underlying character.

Vendetta, Hannibal Lecter, Jigsaw puppet, Darth Vader, Jason Vorhees. Do we associate masks with evil character, or evil character with masks?