View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2018, 04:08 (Ref:3860650)   #2
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will they even bother with the February ACO press conference this year, considering we already know majority of the field and there aren't new cars coming up in any of the classes

Now, assuming we are scratching Riley and Ginetta (?) out of the chassis equation, the number of chassis mfgs will shrink to 11 which is not a proud number in contrast to history books. And regardless of Ginetta showing up or not the engines will go to 10 with the AER switch
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=198

At the start of the year I had initially hoped for more customer chassis growth in LMP1 by the time Sebring comes by. But it now seems that the LMGTP push-in has wrecked any chances of that going anywhere and we're stuck with what we have, or even less, for both 2019 and 2020... not that the (likely to be resumed) built-in-hybrid-advantage and shambles of non-Oreca manufacturers have helped either. And finally it doesn't seem as Oreca has particular hurry in supplying anyone else other than Rebellion still

I still strongly dislike the 'even-split' proto-GT concept, I mean yes the spec cartel LMP2s aren't the most interesting in the world, but the other option... zzzzzzzzzzzz. Well at least some of the regional auto invites have been transformed more into prototype entities rather than GTE(-AM)

Last edited by Deleted; 3 Nov 2018 at 04:16.