View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4101370)   #57
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Rusinov chose to jump rather than be pushed. Likely the best course of action from his point of view, and I suspect the governing bodies are rather relieved too. Even with the team and drivers competing neutrally, having cars go round with a Russian state-owned enterprise emblazoned on either side probably wouldn't wash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I have no idea, but I wonder if they are trying to give Algarve time to see whether they can put together a Portuguese-flagged entry with different funding.
Probably, but the time frame for the funding to replace a primary sponsor is remarkably short. Kudos to all involved if Algarve pull it off - the only thing I can think of in their favour is that they may have had some advance notice of the direction the FIA/ACO were going to take.