View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2022, 14:20 (Ref:4113998)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I went back to check if I right in my post, and it was indeed Satoshi Hoshino back in 2019, after Marcel Fassler crashed into him (and then Hoshino got a load of stick from the radio commentators).
Not really a case of Hoshino being out of his depth on this one.
There seems to have been some discrepancy about whether Hoshino withdrew (and effectively withdrew the car), or whether they were withdrawn by the stewards.
I think you'll find that Hoshino had a number of moments during practice and qually which called his ability into question. I recall it even now....

In FP1 he was the 163rd fastest driver (only 4 were slower).
In Q1 he was the slowest driver - 167th, 12 seconds slower than the 166th.
In Q2 he was 153rd, but only 154 ran.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, he didn't run in Q3.
The car was 'retired' after 79 laps. Hoshino was the second slowest in the race.

My recollection is that he walked away from the car leaving Roda and Cairoli holding the baby. I'm sure the stewards didn't make the decision. I seem to recall he totally scared himself and wouldn't continue.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 Jun 2022 at 14:30.