View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4144781)   #869
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
Just seems to me that the ACO has done more to increase revenue than to improve on the fan experience. The entire ticketing process has become more of a matter of confusion.

Just for comparison, the Petit Le Mans has over 150,000 spectators and the track is only 2.54 miles around. Fan density is never a problem there. Not all fans at any track flock to the paddock area at the same time. Even at the Petit, when they have the pre-race grid walk, many will stay away in order to avoid the crowds. Seems to be self-regulating. Fan participation is the hallmark of American Le Mans.
The ACO's process this year has certainly not been good - I will not comment of the zones and division of the fans until I see how it works.

Also - whilst the LM track is a lot longer the fan area is restricted largely to the section from Porsche curves to Tertre Rouge The majority of which will be in the section from the Ford chicane to Tertre Rouge which is probably a fair bit less than 2.5 miles