View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2005, 06:06 (Ref:1342533)   #3
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the suggestion to move the BRC to the winter has a lot going for it especially if we start to see more of the top contenders contesting the ERC during the summer. For it to work there would need to be an upfront committment by the drivers to undertake most of the championship rounds as otherwise the whole thing fails on cost / economic grounds. I have tried to run "winter series" without a lot of support and I know that D and D had problems with support for their winter rounds.

I think the TV issue is important and I agree that we should get more coverage but dare I say that the winter tv schedules are dominated by the F word (football).

Having said all this I think it would be a good idea for the senior organisers to pick this up and at least carry out a full scale feasability study but it must involve all parties - drivers / circuit owners and the TV.

To put a slight damper on the situiation my personal experience is that the circuit owners will not play ball with reduced circuit hire (even charging a full days hire on new years day when if you are lucky you might get 6 hours track availability). Also if you run in the winter you will certainly not be able to run until 6 thus reducing the number of heats / entries with a direct impact on revenue.

How about a circuit putting in floodlights and running the finals under lights (or even fit headlights as in rallying) - now that would be spectacular.