View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1346055)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rallycross was not a winter sport at all, it was concieved as a vbery short term thing because the RAC had been cancelled due to foot and mouth and all the horse racing was off so they got the teams who were over anyway to blat round Lydden.
It just deveoped from there.
I see where people are going, but you have to realise that most motorpsort stops in the winter, our sport is largely seasonal whether you are off road on on it and the suppliers and everyone involved need their time off to develop, re-cuperate and so on.
It is a good idea in basic form but the fans arent interested and you are not gonna get any casual interest.
Have to admit I used to like the winter stuff like the TVS series and Lydden winterseries, but I dont think we have the numbers in the country to support anything other than a southern series based around Lyddn and Brands, at least that way you have a large pool of people who might get interested, drievrs would not be keen to go too far away from their base in that time of year me thinks.
Besides I dont think car numbers right now could cover it maybe