View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2024, 08:45 (Ref:4205999)   #47
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It is absolutely ridiculous that some drivers of what is claimed to be the pinnacle of motor racing still commit rookie errors such as overtaking when under yellow flag conditions, and one also overtook during the safety car.

I think that it is long past the time when the penalties for these type of driving infringements where far more seriously increased. There really is no excuse for that type of driving and it needs to be severely dealt with not just a slap on the wrist which is what was applied today, a mere 10 seconds added to their time with two points on their licence.
If you are referring to Sargent, then they showed the replay of the other car coming out of the pits seemingly behind the Williams, so I can see why that happened. The commentators didn't even understand the context of the replay that was being played and saw nothing wrong.

As for Stroll - I thought his penalty was harsh given it was nothing more that a concertina effect.