View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2007, 21:08 (Ref:2022969)   #68
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Personally, I would like to see an "All-Star" event in which the Top Five in points in each of the four classes from ALMS and LMS would be invited (approx. 40 thus far) plus give the promoter addtional "Wild Cards" from either series to invite to get up to 50 competitors....

There are a few glitches, like only two GT1 cars in ALMS right now, but that would leave more room for wild cards from other classes...like the LMP2 class in ALMS...to compete....or others from Europe....

Then have DHL or an international shipper provide transport for the teams in return for making them a "Title Sponsor" of the event.
It's a good sounding plan. But something tells me that DHL aren't exactly jumping at the chance. 'Official Transportor of Le Mans' has a certain ring to it (and great exposure). However, when you add that tag to some non-descript never run before all-star race it leaves a lot to be desired. Cost vs. return does not flesh this one out I'm afraid. If it did, international sportscar racing would have done it already. But, I could be wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Isn't that called Le Mans, just without the corporate sponsorship/title sponsor? I know it's the middle-ish of the season but I have always looked at LM as the all-stars of both series together.
I would tend to agree with that to.

Last edited by jhansen; 25 Sep 2007 at 21:11.