View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1937900)   #19
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
It drew one of my favourite coments from RLMs Ian Titchmarsh -

'Last year's winner, this year's mechanic......'

The young Morgan driver fit the bill for this as earlier in the week, must have been qually, the car had a buggered rear end or somthing (boy that came out wrong, wasn't even intentional!) and I seem to remember the drivers working on the car, on their backs under the car, grease and oil all over them, just as much as the "mechanics". Seeing that made me fond of the team as it was obviously a very small budgeted effort (comparabley) and everyone did their bit.

one of my favorite shots of that year was at the entry to the Porsche curves, the Morgan was setting itself over to let the ADT Audi go by and you could see the Morgan driver's eyes on his rear mirror watching the onrushing Audi--it was such a great contrast of modern vs seemingly 1950's on the same track, very odd and as such, made the Morgan a crowd fav.