View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2022, 05:28 (Ref:4103940)   #107
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think there's some unsaid freight-based stuff here that means they need to pull their entries. Past a certain point they couldn't get the equipment back to Europe. Hindy alluded to it on the Sebring commentary.

Right now if you pick a four-race American calendar, these guys surely must have known they were rolling the dice. There's a direct F1 clash with LM, so the twin Magnussen entry is a non-starter. And it really wasn't a strong showing for High Class last year.

Would be interesting to hear from guys like Mathias and Nobby, but are they over-estimating their drawing power amongst their compatriots?
My finger is sadly not really on the puls of the danish Le Mans community here. My best guess is that the danish fans who goes for Le Mans, will still go. The “Magnussen fans” will probably have to decide between going to an F1 race or Le Mans.
No High Class racing will not reduce the amount of danish spectators, as there is still plenty of danish drivers in the field to cheer on. If they pull out and J.Mag get another seat and compete, I would venture the guess that we will see the same fans as if they were there.