View Single Post
Old 29 May 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4158780)   #75
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
given how both AM drivers seem willing to share info with one another during a race, you would have thought for sure they would have passed on Stroll's feedback to Alonso.

at the time i thought Alonso was being clever and was willing to take a chance in an all or nothing approach to score a win (and if it had worked it might have gone down as one of the all time inspired wins) and in the end it didnt hurt them because as Peter says, 'the rain had no impact whatsoever'.

but what i dont get is that why even go back in for a fresh set of slicks at all then?

rather, if you were going to guess/take a chance that the rain would stop quickly and you knew Max (who had been nursing those mediums forever) was going to have to make another stop one way or another anyways, then why didnt Alonso stick with the Mediums he already had on?

i am definitely missing something here?