Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2023, 17:45 (Ref:4142429)   #137
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You are completely dismissing those who pay to run as peons beneath your concern and frankly any series that does that to a premier event isn't going to last long.

The GTD only events are to accommodate tracks where GTPs might not work as well, Lime Rock and ViR, and the GT pros not at Detroit to allow for LM prep. They didn't suddenly kick teams out of the series for a desired event, especially an event the teams can sell a seat or 2 extra to another Silver to fund the team. You would be cutting off the financial supply for teams to make your desire of 2 series with 2 very different goals.

Oh and your LM argument is a fallacy at its base, the entire IMSA field is not invited so merging is not even close to the same thing.
Of course whole IMSA field is not invited. Main way is for full WEC season entries for LMHh cars, plus invites from ACO, series winners and believe IMSA have a few spaces.

My main question is why LMH cars are not going into some of the IMSA Weathertech events?

Daytona Rolex has 60 odd cars, Sebring has recently ranged from 38 to 53 I believe and some events like Long Beach GP seem to have a much smaller field below 30? Plus there are the GTD circuit events. (11 races only 6 with all 5 classes). Some events also exclude LMP2 & LMP3.

So could LMH teams get a thrid car homogolated for IMSA Weathertech and
only do a few races (i.e. get invites for Rolex and Sebring) or would they need to commit to full season for their class? The Sebring IMSA Weathertech format has been in place for 10 years or so