View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2020, 07:29 (Ref:3958657)   #147
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
You have to look beyond the sporting issue and into the business relationships to see what has happened here:

I don't believe this has anything to do with the ACO / WEC - this is all about the relationship between Aston Martin / Red Bull and the Stroll led investors. From what we understand Valkyrie is a Red Bull Technologies led project with Aston Martin Branding.

When the Stroll investment happened they announced the end of the Aston branding on Red Bull cars in F1 and that Racing Point (also A Stroll investment) would be rebranded as an Aston Martin works team. This likely spelled the end on the relationship between Red Bull and Aston - once the current contracts run out.

To me - from that point on Valkyrie was a white elephant as it was an 'Aston Martin' branded product probably funded by Red Bull. With the end of that relationship pending it had no chance.

The only potential as I see it (speculation only) is either Aston to commit to another programme - which is unlikely until they final realise Lance is unlikely to succeed in F1 and in any case would likely be the cheaper LMDh -

...or Red Bull decide to go it alone.