Old 29 Aug 2008, 18:59 (Ref:2277638)   #21
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Moss
Tryed it for a month and it went in the bin.. It just wasn't as fun as current games like rfactor. Also the pricing was abit steep especially for having to buy new cars and tracks when you go up ranks, but then again thats the price you pay when the devs put $10m i think. Heard everyone going on about how much better it feels, but to me it felt just the same as any other racing game feels.
What cars did you try? just the Solstice? I must admit its not the most inspiring choice, but the advanced version with adjustable setup is passable. It doesn't get really impressive until you move up to the Skip Barber F2000. Admittedly you have to buy it at $15 (-$2.50 credit from monthly sub, so about £6.50), but the feedback and sense of immersion is incredible. I really feel like I've had a real race when I get out of it! They probably ought to include this in the basic package to get people really hooked, as the Solstice just doesn't really display the sim to its best advantage.

I think to be fair iRacing is definitely the most realistic driving sim out there, but as you said, it might not be as much fun as some of the others.