View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3934334)   #101
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
You are right I don't read it, and only did very briefly. But I did buy it periodically in the 90's, but was always more and MN person.

But the times I did pick it up recently it was full of masses of pictures, a lot of F1 stuff (you are in the minority thinking otherwise looking at other forums and posters) very little text and was utterly worthless to me to read, I like to spend a few hours reading magazines and that has not been the case for quite some time.

4 quid for a weekly when most monthlys cost a fiver is utterly out of the park.
Well it's 2019 now! I'm sure my son and his editorial colleagues will appreciate that their efforts constitute a little and worthless text. I wonder what it is I've been reading then! Apples and pears comes to mind when comparing weekly mags with monthly ones.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!