View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2661032)   #755
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the race, all 12 hours since 1030 this morning (with the amazing SuperGT race during the 2h where Speed TV was playing NASCAR, Eurosport really needs to come here, PLM would be nice too, and 6h Laguna rather than some crap week delayed 2h highlights, but I'll quit rambling)

Guess the ACO is happy, they screwed Audi with the late regulations and still left the gap to huge for petrol cars to be competitive. All Puegoet had to do was run a flawless race and they would have a 1-2, they weren't being pushed around by anyone so it was just a Saturday drive. Good job to them, it is not easy at all, but like PLM last year (where they got lucky with the weather) it isn't a huge win IMO.

GT2 could have been better, but some good racing. The SC kinda screwed everyone when Risi got almost a lap at race speed when everyone else was behind it, but ohwell.

LMP2 was meh. Good job to Muscle Milk but had Acura not ran into problems IDk what would have happened. Well the more reliable car one and that's endurance racing.

GTC was just GTC, fairly boring. Didn't see much if any racing, just them getting passed by everyone. Need sped up alittle. If you ask me I think the ACO needs a GT3 class with FIA regs (but allow tires and alternate fuels) and speed up GT2 alittle (rather than slow down which is what they have said they want done). Should make it accessible for a team with a GT3 spec car to move up to GT2 with some parts.

LMPC was a very good debut IMO and I can see it growing further. One main thing I noticed was the commentators were saying how it was tough for them to get parts, even having to run around with broken parts which could be replaced had they had any. What happened to the Courage-Oreca parts truck at every event? The cars lasted the test of Sebring and had some good battles sometimes aswell. I think tires and fuels should be allowed for the teams to choose, and they do need sped up abit, they were struggling to pass GT2 cars staying behind them all lap only slowly passing on the backstraight. These are prototypes and should be only a few seconds slower than LMP2 (on a 2min benchmark LMP2 lap) Lastly I think leader lights should be installed on the cars, they all had purple LED's in the cockpit so why not those?

So not a bad Sebring IMO, could definatly be worse. Can't wait for the 8h Pual Ricard LMS event to see how the FLM cars are aswell as the European teams and Audi racing again against the 908 (be it the ORECA-Matmut entry). PLM should be a good one this year aswell with European teams flying over for the ICC, Puegoet is to scared of getting beat though and will just be 'working on their 2011 car' Their 'win' last year is good enough for them.