View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2001, 21:34 (Ref:181051)   #9
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr. Austin
[B][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by H16

"I wonder if Porsche remembers the Dauer LM?

There is little danger that the ACO would homologate the 962 to race in the current GT class!

But BMW had better pray that Porsche doesn't pull a similar stunt on them. All Porsche has to do is jam their v-10 in the back of a boxter coupe and the GT class would become GTP-3. Then, of course, the entire concept of the class would become a farce, which the BMW has almost made it. The big danger is squeezing out the privateers, but Porsche always sells what they race, so at least the privateers would have something with which to be competitive. It would be pretty funny to see the GT cars blowing off the Corvettes.

Porsche don't always race what they sell. The Dauer 962 and GT1 come to mind. Basically, if Porsche are araid of BMW they shouldn't be racing. I don't care how many priviteers they support, if the cars can't compete, then they should be out.

Remember that the LMRs were virtually unchanged from 1999 to 2000. I am suprised they kept up as well as they did with the R8s considering that. And remember that they have a big commitment to Formula one, a full LMP program would not be wise from a money standpoint.