Thread: LM24 Race Journey to Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3481183)   #17
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i agree with all that, g4j, but on a slightly less fist-shaking basis. i think they could have binned tiff off, and used the drivers for a bit more narration to tie it together with sir patrick stewart for drama. narrators are meant to tell a story and we didn't really get much of that.
Well I'm a little in and grumpy so I'd take the first-shaking with a pinch of salt

I was a little harsh but I'm always frustrated when coverage of Le Mans gets over-complicated and misses the opportunity to show what it's all about. Just tell it how it is, and 9 times out of 10, your story's already there. I think that's what I liked about the Deltawing documentary.

As for the drama, perhaps Hindy could have done the narration as well as the commentary, unknown as he is to a mainstream audience.