View Single Post
Old 1 May 2016, 16:41 (Ref:3637568)   #52
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
For the same reasons people become attached to teams/individuals of any sporting discipline - a sense of belonging or an attachment to a manufacturer from a significant event, be it within or outside motorsport. The only facet that doesn't translate particularly well is the locality of the teams, seeing as the manufacturers are global, corporate behemoths.

While you and I choose not to ascribe these feelings to any team I don't think it's hard to see why others do, especially for those who actively ignore the more popular team (i.e. ball) sports for chasing $£€s at the expense of the culture and fans.

At least it keeps the Audi/Porsche/Toyota threads ticking over nicely!
I see that, but I unless you do have a deep connection with these brands for whatever reason, I can't imagine how you'd get so attached to one brand over any of the others. It's not like major manufacturers represent a community.*

What I was getting at was fans who would rather their team completely blitz the rest of the field than see an exciting race. Or the "trash talking" of other teams - when the teams don't even do that themselves.

*but small teams can, like Pescarolo. They're sorely missed.