View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2024, 08:30 (Ref:4190729)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Sorry Baub, but I don't think this is actually Stirling driving the car in 1953, the road signs are much too modern for that...
I must admit the thought crossed my mind that the quality of the video not to mention the camera view looked a bit wrong for the era and the technology back then. I think perhaps it might be a 1953 BRM V16 driven by AN Other in more modern times. Perhaps a GoPro type camera rather than a super 8 or similar camera that would have been available in 1953!

I note in the comments there is a mention of Stirling having driven one, but not saying this was a video of Stirling at the wheel.

Great video anyway, regardless of who and when. The sound was good enough on its own.

Edit: Just noticed the poster / uploader on youtube goes by the name of "FollyFilms"

Last edited by E.B; 4 Jan 2024 at 08:42.