View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2015, 12:27 (Ref:3548334)   #640
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The main thing I've always disliked about these sorts of art cars is that they seem to get a pass because they are labeled art cars and I feel that there are a lot of people who just claim that they are beautiful to seem like they "get it." Not so much around here as it's always has seemed pretty divided and not hypocritical, but I mean on other automotive forums where they go from ripping on anything that isn't traditional to suddenly slobbering all over the unveiled art cars.

Say I used the Forza livery creator to make that exact paint job on the M3 and put the car up on the marketplace and shared it with people on forums and such in 2009, it probably wouldn't have sold any and I would have received plenty of comments like "wow good job you ruined that race car" and such... But because it's officially an "art car" people give it a pass and claim they love it.

I have to admit I like this Aston better than the BMW... The Aston at least feels like it has something strange to show with its headache-y effect. I quite liked the Morgan sign theme, but perhaps the fact that it actually had a theme was part of why I liked it. I don't really consider "it has lines on it" to be a theme and personally thought that M3 was terrible though.