View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2023, 13:52 (Ref:4182956)   #24
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I suppose in theory you can get hit no matter your starting position, and unless the cars are more evenly matched in the coming seasons, the faster cars are going to pull away at any given track (assuming they make first corner). so starting position might not be too important. Although the fastest cars in race trim tended to also be fastest in qualy this year.

I don't think people have a problem with setting the grid by speed of the cars, but there is a group of us who don't want that grid set over 10-15 minutes when there could be hours of practice before that could be used to set the grid. But maybe i'm misinterpreting others thoughts on the matter.
At Le Mans you loose hours of great qualifying and interest in fastest laps and consistency for a few minutes of TV hyperbole - with a TV audience of few thousand on eurosport (bet its less than spectators at the event on a Thursday). It also finishes early and also later practice sessions have lost interest/purpose and they also shut down earlier now.

No real need to separate classes as pretty spread out - unlike some race series where they seem to catch the GT cars chain every 30 mins or so after a SC period.