View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2742587)   #65
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
It is no particular secret that certain people have, for many years, actively engaged in posting in a manner that is not intended to be of a benefit to the community, and in particular targeted at smearing a series and genre. Ask yourself why these people have done this consistantly for almost a decade? As long as this behaviour is tolerated, it is best that you not address such people, leaving their propaganda to rot on it's own.

Personally I have enjoyed the web streaming. The coverage is better than what Wheeler has provided on TV. Ideally, I would like to watch the ALMS, on the big screen in HD, with better production and commentating than has been done so in the past. It is somewhat strange, that even in the press room, they watch the TV feed, and turn the volume off in favour of John Hindaugh and crew, yet subject the public to the poorer broadcasting team that is utilized. Is this rocket science?

Keep in mind that the viewership for the streaming has been less than 10,000 people. (as far as I know). These aren't exactly numbers you sell to potential sponsors or manufacturers decideding where to spend their marketing budgets.

I have no inside information regarding a potential move to Versus, with permanent one hour tape delayed summaries. "If" such a move is being considered, I can't imagine the spin used to justify how this could be better than Speed, particularly coming from the perspective of a Canadian, where we don't get Versus in almost any Cable package.