View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2005, 16:15 (Ref:1321495)   #4
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I live in silverstone and have a yearly pass, so go along to most meetings. I would have been there saturday and sunday but i have just become a father again, so am staying home a bit at the moment. What i do notice though, at most club meetings when i sit in the woodcote grandstand ( always seems to be the only one open ) is that i sit there all afternoon with my eldest son and as one race finishes, all the other "spectators" cheer and clap their mate/husband/son/daughter and then disappear back to the pits, to be replaced 2 minutes later by a new bunch of "spectators" to cheer and clap their mate/husband/son/daughter . I often feel like the only person present who doesn't actually know anyone racing that day. Despite this, i always have a great time, club racing is rarely dull, and i may be biased but i think Silverstone is a great venue for clubbies. The only sad thing is that a couple of times it has piddled with rain and i have been the only goddam person in the place to witness a great race, and i only have a 3 year old to talk to about it !!!!!!!