View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3315752)   #5
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With respect to your comment Beetle, I couldn't phrase what I wanted to say prior to you adding that. Whilst it's a cliché (but very true) that motorsport is a high-risk activity, at what point would the safety features end at Le Mans (or any circuit I suppose).

I don't know anything of the technicalities of safety barriers, so won't comment that the current system is lacking at TR, and equally won't suggest what could go in to even lessen the risk through impact. But where would it stop? Not only is it a fast circuit, it's also partly a road course, and as such would it ultimately run the risk of having the circuit as it stands dropped due to some of the possible inflexibilities in operating on that basis?

Last edited by Muppetdave901; 10 Oct 2013 at 13:23. Reason: Finished typing my comment after yours came through Aye - wasn't trying to veer OT!