View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3338183)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
In the name of safety is going a bit far these day's . It's slowly destroying the sport . Now , I don't want to spark an argument here about it , but I'm tired of hearing that crap !

What safe about the bull run in Spain ..... or powerboat stuff or surfin with sharks or that sailing close to the ground with that wing contraption like Batman..... still people do it and go watch and what do people do at rally's ..... they stand on the outside of a corner and then gob off about safety ..... its in people's nature , and so it's the very nature of the sport that there is an element of danger .... that fin hasn't stopped some car's from going ballistic either .

I don't like that Le Man's is slowly getting sanitized ..... I remember the old pit's with big holes in the tarmac that help pool's of water when it rained , I was at the signal pit's when they were used , and witnessed Pareja's Brun Porsche give up the ghost , sitting over the pit's with your leg's dangleing 10 feet over the car's in the pit's , I remember the Dunlop Bridge straight down , never many big accident's down there but a monster accident with the NcNish/Audi ..... pretty soon everything will be a memory and sections of track will be abandoned and become nothing more than ghost's of their previous lives .

The car's are safer now than they ever were ..... leave the track alone !!!

Right ..... maybe I'm in for flak now .

Its the nature of the sport