View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3338193)   #15
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Definitely agree it's the nature of the sport. It's completely dangerous. Death's are always a sad event, and never to be treated lightly, but that danger gives the sport a dark allure. I like that this isn't curling or shuffleboard. Mastering something with so much power for destruction really separates the painfully mundane and the courageous.

It's like space travel. You can make the space craft safer, but you're still in space. It's still right up against the physical edge of what is possible.

I am slightly saddened by the neutering of the tracks; it seems future generations won't be able to experience the sport in its rawest form. If you're worried about cars going to fast, might I suggest curling, or a rousing game of shuffleboard?

Having said all that, we will just need to wait and see what actually happens to the track. I know in the virtual world, those two turns are incredibly rewarding to get right. I would hate to see them replaced by generic curves.