Gunman
Racer

United States
Mooresville, NC
Gunman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: To the wanna-be-designers...

Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
1) How did you become interested in designing cars, and how seriously do you take it (ie just a few sketches from time to time, or more in depth drawings, perhaps utilising CAD)
I've been into cars for as long as I can remember, street rods, lead sleds, minitrucks, etc. This evolved from doodles on school notebooks, to the CAD system I model with now.

Quote:
2) Do you like it because you like the idea of having your name atributed to a top car, you like the idea of being responsible for a design, or are you just genuinely interested in how these things go together, what makes them tick, in finding innovative new ways to do things, new ways of reading the rules, finding solutions to problems in ways that haven't perhaps been explored yet?
All of the above. It's a definate kick to watch Speedvision, and see something you designed go by, even if your name isn't on the car. The technology, learning what makes them work, working within the rules, etc., is all a great challange.

Quote:
3) Is it something you'd like to do as a career, or wanted to do as a career?
I've been lucky, it is a career for me, and if all goes right, it always will be.