Thread: LM24 Le Mans 2007
View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1639453)   #23
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will definitely will be there next year.
This year was my first time there. I decided to go at the last minute, so I just packed a couple of pairs of shorts and shirts, camera, and not much else. Did not even need to book a plane ticket since I enjoy certain previleges at Continental Airlines. hehehe
I left on Friday night out of Newark, got to CDG at about 11:30, got on the TGV at about 13: something and was at Le Mans shortly after 15:00.
I was a bit lost when I got there, but thanks the the info I got from this and other sites, I managed to navigate the area alright.
I was at the Dunlop at the start, and mainly stayed between Tetre Rouge and Arnage for the whole race.
Considering there was no planning, it went pretty well! Besides, one could never plan for for pick-pockets, although he was not so lucky (I should have pop him a good one, but I was alone in an unfamiliar territory).

Next year, I will be going from Portugal (I will move back there forever in less than two weeks), and will try to get some friends to go along. And this time, a grill, beach chairs, towels, REAL SENSIBLE beer, good old Portuguese food, video camera, possibly some scaffolding (for those exclusive views), etc...

And, hopefully, Aston/Pedro Lamy will take it next year! :-)