View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3712556)   #11686
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Why else keep all 200 employees who worked on the LMP1 program if they don't expect to be back or aren't working on something? I doubt that generosity on the part of Audi and Audi Sport is the number one factor here.
They are not kept "on the LMP1 program", they are kept within Audi Sport, and Audi itself. As Audi tries to position itself in the premier category, imagine the damage from them letting go 200 of their top engineers. Maybe not in layman's PR terms, but for the employees. I for one would expect my employer not to have me suffer for their mistakes, or, worse, scams. IMO, this is an - expected, and required - show of "class" from Audi. I'd expect nothing less. And this has nothing to do with "generosity", but more with an image damage of Audi, the employer, for prospective race-quality engineers.