View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1742356)   #17
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
Why would anyone bother to run a petrol P1 any more? The only place to be competitive is for them all to pack up and enter the ALMS as the LMS is bound to be an Audi/Peugeot white wash.

It's a shame the Audi domination has scared the other companies into going the P2 route, which is only going to end up hurting the dedicated privateers with Acura and Porsche duking it out in 2007. It's curious that the ACO still thinks P2 is for private teams yet does nothing to protect them from getting whomped by a richly backed factory outfit.
Because the only time a factory petrol car has been up against the R10, the Porsche RS Spyder, it's been a match all down the line.

65kg ballast in favour of petrol cars in the ALMS is not insignificant by any means, but I am 100% convinced Dysons increased competitiveness is 70/30 car development/performance breaks. FIA GT has shown cars with upto 100kg success ballast are very competitive.

Zytek and Creation both flew away from the R10's at PLM, with the extra weight I'm quessing they would have be toe to toe with the R10's, which lets not forget is a massive achievment being privater vs factory, diesel or not.

I'm extremely pleased the ACO have shown they are happy with 2006 Le Mans speeds/times, seeing as they were very quick, even into the 3.32s during the race. Apparently it will only be when cars dip below 3.30, consistently, during the race that speeds will be brought back.