View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1742534)   #25
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Sorry, I'm just not buying the 'wait and see' line of thinking on this matter any more. We learnt ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING we needed to know about the differences in performance between petrol and diesel LMP1's at Le Mans this year. It was a complete mismatch. Audi blatantly sandbagging at the Test Day, and again in qualifying. They actually turned up the boost for the race itself, not down. God only knows what they could have achieved in qualifying had they actually bothered to try. The incredible amount of downforce they applied to their setup was easily compensated for by the massive amount of torque produced by the engine.

The petrol P1's have NOTHING left in their locker. The question we should be asking is what have Audi got left in their locker?

I find this announcement to be utterly scandalous. It's a very, very sad day for ACO rules racing and I feel incredibly sorry for Henri, Shorty, Jankowski/Bicks and all of our passionate, dedicated LMP1 teams who invest so much time, money and effort whilst providing us with such gripping entertainment.

I'm utterly, utterly gobsmacked by such blatant bias towards Audi and Peugeot. Monsieur Poissenot and his henchmen should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
Dyson, Creation and Zytek should all have beaten Audi at PLM, but failed for reasons other than performance.

Dyson should also have won at least one previous round.

I know I'm being harsh, but how can we take seriously *****ing from teams who lose 15-20 seconds to Audi at pitstops, have to change tyres every stop because they miscalculated how many stints they could do, or run cars that simply breakdown?

If an Audi wins Laguna it will be down to a problem from the petrol cars.

All this with only 65kg ballast, which is little when you consider how competitive Corvette (saddled with huge ballast and restrictor cuts) has been against Aston, and how the top FIA GT cars always compete at the head of the field, even when they have 100kg ballast.

Audi may well have more in their locker, but until someone pushes them regularly, we won't know.

It's telling when Audi have been pushed in recent races, they haven't stepped up a gear and responded.

Unfortunately the opposition took themselves out of the race before Audi were threatened!

Last edited by JAG; 19 Oct 2006 at 23:02.