View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2596700)   #27
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I would expect it to be 2 in america - Sebring / PLM
2 in Europe - Spa & Silverstone
2 in Asia / Middle East

LM24 will remain separate.

I havent quite grasped the 5 races bit this year - is that 5 races inc the cup and LM24 or is is 5 races plus the cup and LM24??
Good start, Mal.

North America: Sebring & PLM - As Sebring starts the official international Sports/Proto/GT racing year, it is a must for many teams looking to LeMans. So it stands to reason.

Europe: Silverstone & Spa/Monza/Nurburgring - Pre- or post-LeMans is a good deal, as many of the teams visiting will be able to get some racing in that will fit nicely into their budgets.

Asia: Best guesses are Suzuka & China/Malaisia - The best chance to involve Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Mazda. Honda is presently involved thru Acura & HPD in Torrance, California, similar to what Mazda are doing with Dyson. Toyota & Nissan have facilities in all three quadrants to design, build, and race a LMP, all that was needed is the impetus to go in that direction.

And so, one man's dream (namely the person in my avatar standing to the left of me) is finally starting to take shape.