View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3999048)   #2385
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The race day dawned sunny with a bright Californian blue sky, a chill in the aor and a really nice Clubbie feeling for Loton's first meeting of 2020 and under 'Covid 19' rules.

Great day, perfect weather, cool air, bright sun and 16 c max, just perfect for these Old Timers.
3 in the class, Martin is the fast bike engine Sylvia, Derek in the Oh-so-fab Maguire Mini he's had for decades, and me.
Going to be tough, but this is my fav hill, my hill so down to brass tacks...

So, a series of good times and some killer starts, all sub 2 seconds but a way off my PB however, I can boast (sorry) a FIRST IN CLASS.

The old pair did the job and the car was great, class mates were, well, mates, and that Mini is to die for.

Interestingly, decided not to stress the car with any tyre warming pre-start and my starts were faster than when I have pre warmed.
Lesson there.

I notice however I think the UJ in the NS rear hub is in trouble (knackered) so that may be the end of 2020, will check it out next week.

Lovely and a great day.

Love it!

Want: