View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3168443)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not at all. some people would say the same about london, but if you're sensible it's fine there too. going to places like that i leave my wallet in the glove compartment of the car or in a case back at the hotel and just take a bit of loose change, a credit card and a few notes, and put that somewhere sensible. basically, act like a tourist with a big rucksack, a map and a huge camera and you're going to get targeted!

personally i stay outside of the city for the racing and just go in for a nosey around on the monday after the race, then go to the airport monday night. there's a good train service from granollers into the city, and the tube network is obviously very good. if it's just you i'm not really sure it's worth spending more than a day there unless you're really into art galleries and stuff, but if you are there's plenty to do and see. there's a couple of nice parks to take a stroll in or sit down and read a book in the sun as well.

sparky's cautionary tale should remind us all to check any hotel "services" in case they include "something for the weekend"