View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4170053)   #204
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
What do you want? Witness statements from everyone who works in the paddock? Or do you prefer press comment from journos who can’t tell their arse from their elbow?
In addition to Mike's point, I find it hard to believe there can be any general consensus within the F1 circus on such a topic. Imagine I presented myself to be a knowledgeable F1 fan to an F1 newbie at a party. I say things like... "Generally those on 10/10th F1 forum, Lewis Hamilton is the greatest F1 driver that ever lived!" And those of us here know that there is no such level of agreement. At best it might be a heathy dose of my personal bias along with some percentage of what is actually said here.

It is the uphill challenge you have of appointing yourself as the spokesman for the F1 paddock, wanting to remain anonymous (and unverifiable), making firm and confident statements as "fact" on topics and lastly as much as not, comments that otherwise are not reported elsewhere. You may be exactly who you say you are, but provide no ability for us to do anything other than trust you. And your personal style makes that trust hard.

Richard