View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3180296)   #128
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FĂ©lix View Post
Well I found what seems to be all the info there is about the link between the 2 engines: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...kledown-page-2

Apparently McLaren looked at the VRH35 when they started designing their engine and only the bore dimensions are similar. McLaren also boast about their all new design and how light (1980s-90s VRH35 was 170kg, not light), modern (design first raced in 1989) and efficient their engine is. I'm not sure any parts would fit between the two - but I'd sure love to read more about the design process.
I always thought that the McLaren engine was build by Cosworth!?