Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2020, 17:50 (Ref:3949529)   #91
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Well as I've said for countless of years, that would have been fixed by re-allowing them into ELMS and ASLMS, thus re-creating opportunity for customer market as well as giving overall win opportunity without resorting to artficial BS as seen in the WEC now. Or do the fans of ELMS still prefer to see that 17 car spec Oreca field with spec engines and spec tires and proam lineups, rather than say 5-10 proper nonhybrid LMP1 cars with every combination of tech possible? I do remember people defending the interests of LMP2, but times have changed
You're conflating two things here and creating a strawman argument for good measure.

There is a good case for having privateer LMP1s in ELMS, I agree.

No-one except the ACO likes the way ELMS has become a spec Oreca event. ACO totally screwed this up, as Akrapovic eloquently described earlier in this thread. No-one, whether "fan" of ELMS or not, has said otherwise.

These are separate issues though. The answer to the Oreca-spec problem is not privateer LMP1s, it's for the ACO to swallow their pride and admit that their LMP2 revamp has been a disaster. That's about as likely to happen as me getting a last-minute call-up to race a Toyota at Le Mans this year.