Thread: WEC Kolles Prototype
View Single Post
Old 20 May 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3977331)   #1460
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I'm interested in the hypercars in general. Toyota Glickenhaus and ByKolles all have their own unique cars and chassis. Lmdh won't because it'll be more lmp2 rebadging going on which to me makes it less appealing. We'll have to see what direction Peugeot goes but I think hypercar is the better route because there's no tiny hp limit on the hybrid power.
2021 Le Mans might still semi-watchable-ish because there will be just 4-5x LMHs and 0-2x old Ginetta LMP1s, and most of them probably will be having new car teething issues and explode mid way through the race. And BoP won't yet be quite be so apparent of a horror show considering there's already a sort of built-in separation between quality of the teams involved (it goes: Toyota-Glickenhaus-(Ginetta)-Kolles)) and no political agenda between big OEMs. But 2022 will be absolutely nightmare.

IMO Peugeot would be foolish in choosing the more expensive route if they can get away with it via spec car and spec hybrid system. This is not the old world anymore