View Single Post
Old 21 May 2020, 17:56 (Ref:3977572)   #6726
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If this infinitely cheaper operation at N24 is cancelled for the year due to lack of time for development and restrictions on personnel, wouldn't the final 24h for LMP1 also be at risk? I mean yes the old car does not have any big updates coming up anymore except the updated LM package but you know. They still have to keep developing the lame hypercar behind curtains too
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...-24-hours.html
I think there's a lot of differences between the two programs. The N24 car is a one off deal and it's just for one race. The car is mostly an experiment for future products in Toyotas lineup, like the TTV8 it's supposed to run for the LC F. I think the hypercar thing is different because it can test a multitude of things in the factory that the LC can't because it's not a TGR Europe project. Most of the guys are Japanese and the travel restrictions etc are hurting more than at TMG. Those guys are 'local' in comparison. It definitely sucks to see the LC not race but I think the wec program is fine especially if you consider the current car is racing longer now and the hypercar rules are pushed back to 2021.