View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2015, 15:18 (Ref:3509687)   #2546
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Rossi has signed to drive for Racing Engineering in the GP2 Series for this year.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117845

So he won't be driving the #19 Boy Scouts Of America car for Dale Coyne's team in the Verizon IndyCar Series this year.

Wilson staying with Coyne has just gotten more likely. I guess we'll find out at the aero kit test in Barber Motorsports Park next month.

As we're talking about Coyne: he put Mike Conway part-time into his 2nd car in 2013 after Conway had announced his retirement from oval racing, and Mike won in his first race for the team at Detroit. That opened up the opportunity for Conway's 2014 season, sharing the #20 car with oval driver/team owner Ed Carpenter. Might Dale Coyne bring back Mike Conway for some races, whilst the latter is driving full-time in sportscars?
WEC and the Verizon IndyCar Series do not have date clashes for the following road and street course races: St. Petersburg, NOLA, Long Beach, Barber/Indy Alabama, GP of Indianapolis, Detroit, Mid-Ohio, Sonoma. I don't know about WEC test sessions but according to wikipedia, the WEC has 8 rounds this year. So Conway might well be available for these races. And having Pippa Mann in the car for the ovals and Toronto to share the #19 with Conway might be a possibility. Stranger driver announcements have happened at this time, so this wouldn't surprise me either. Yet, running Justin Wilson for the whole season would be even better for Coyne because that would bring continuity.

Last edited by Yannick; 27 Feb 2015 at 15:34.